Welcome to E.D. Williams Elementary School
School hours: 9:35 am - 4:00 pm
Attendance Line: 651-259-1980
Brian Koland, Principal
Emmet D. Williams Elementary School
955 W. County Road D
Shoreview, MN 55126
Your help is needed for the 2014 EDW Community Carnival!
Friday, October 10, 6:00 - 8:30 p.m.
Attend the carnival – and have fun!
We're bringing back the carnival games, popcorn and pizza, silent auction and giant hamster balls! This event is a great way to show your Bobcat spirit, spend time with other EDW families, and raise necessary money for our school.
By volunteering, you help create a sense of community at EDW, show your kids that you are engaged in their learning, assist in raising money for the extras that make our school great and have FUN! And, shifts are only 1.5 hours - leaving you time to spend with your family.
It's easy to register!
1. Click this link to go to our invitation page on VolunteerSpot: http://vols.pt/fkKPJd
2. Enter your email address: (You will NOT need to register an account on VolunteerSpot)
3. Sign up! Choose your spots - VolunteerSpot will send you an automated confirmation and
reminders. Note: VolunteerSpot does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact me and I can sign you up manually (email@example.com or 612.708.8402).
Donate to the Silent Auction
We are especially interested in silent auction items that are family-friendly and promote community spirit: consider things like hosting a boat cruise or dinner party, or donating items from your small business. Business donations are recognized on our thank you wall, on a list-serv announcement and in the Bobcat. Please contact Tanya at Tanya.firstname.lastname@example.org or Tammy at email@example.com to donate.
Donate books, beverages or baked goods
Help us with the carnival by donating your gently used books as prizes for Bowling for Books. We are also in need of donated bottles of water, cans of soda or juice pouches/boxes/cans for the concession area. Store-purchased baked goods are needed for the cake walk. Books and beverages may be donated at any time by bringing them to the EDW office. Baked goods may be dropped off in the office the morning of the carnival.
Calendar of Events
21 Class List posted 4:00 pm
27 Open House/Back to School Picnic 4:30-6:30 pm
28 Patrol Training 1:30-3:00 pm
2 School Starts - Grades 1-6
3 Kindergarten Starts
8 PTA 6:30 pm
15 Picture Day
If you are interested in enrolling your child at EDW
please call Central Enrollment @ 651-635-1626 for information
Emmet D. Williams will be a school community that,
- Nurtures the development of character by teaching Cooperation, Assertion, Responsibility, Empathy and Self-Control
- Values and embraces differences and individuality,
- Relies upon students, families, staff and community members working together as members of a supportive and collaborative team
- Maintains high expectations for all, resulting in individuals achieving their highest level,
- Celebrates the joy in learning, inspiring curiosity, creativity, innovation and hope,
Resulting in Excellence and Unity