Promoting Community Spirit
Our Hours for the School Year are:
7:35 am - 2:00 pm
Full Day Kindergarten: 7:35 am - 2:00 pm
PM Kindergarten: 11:30 am - 2:00 pm
PCS Office Hours:
7:25 am - 2:55 pm
Phone - 651-487-4360
FAX - 651-487-4379
TDD - 651-487-4366
e-mail Attendance or call 651-487-4364
Please include: Name, Grade,
Reason for Absence, and
if ILL, List symptoms such as:
fever, cough, sore throat, upset
To schedule a tour: call or e-mail Kathy Farrell at 651-487-4381.
The Central Enrollment Office at ISD 623 handles all current and future enrollment at Parkview Center School. Read more about Parkview's enrollment system. Enrollment for the 2013-14 school year is complete.
Applications are no longer being accepted for the 2014-15 school year for ParkviewCenter School. Applications were due January 31, 2014. The lottery drawing will be held on February 10, 2014.
Central Enrollment can be reached at 651-635-1626 or e-mail them at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Their Internet web site is: http://www.isd623.org/enrollment/.
E-mail us at: email@example.com
PCS Spirit Day is Thursday, March 13
Wear your favorite winter pajamas
The Gertens Spring Bedding Plant Fundraiser
Is Ready to Take Orders!
Forms are Due April 4
Gertens Plant Sale and Forms Due April 4
March 31-April 4 is the
Scholastic Spring Book Fair!
We need volunteers to help set up, staff the book fair and tear down. This book Fair will be a Buy One Get One (BOGO), they are always busy and fun to work at.
For information on school closings due to extreme cold or snowy conditions, please tune in to the local media. Announcements of closings will be posted on Roseville Area Schools' home page http://www.isd623.org.
Feel like you are out of the loop?
Wonder what happened to that missing form?
Check out Parkview's Flyers and Forms page for flyers, notices, and more.
Upcoming Events (Highlights)
Check out our PCS Calendar for a listing of all (including Music) upcoming events
09 - Daylight Saving Time Begins
13 - PCS Spirit Day: Show Your Spirit by Wearing Weather-Appropriate Pajamas
13 - End of 2nd Trimester K-6, PCS K-8 & Gr 9-12
14 - No School K-12 Teacher Workshop
15 - Purim Begins at Sundown
16 - Purim Ends at Sundown
17-21 - No School - Staff & Students K-12 (Spring Break)
17 - St. Patrick's Day
20 - Spring Equinox
24 - School resumes K-12
25 - Gr 4 Instrument Fair at PCS 6:30 pm
27 - Site Council Meeting 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm
28 - Family Fun Night 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
31-April 4 - C (Community) Week for PEACE
Parkview PTSA is Counting on You!
PCS PTSA Direct Appeal
The Parkview Center School PTSA Direct Appeal is still underway! Donations for the 2013-2014 school year will be accepted until June 30, 2014. The giving form at the link below includes space to share your ideas for funding. Even if you choose not to give this year the PTSA is interested in this valuable feedback. Thank you to all who have already donated!!
Parkview's continuing excellence relies on the financial contributions of everyone in the Parkview community. Instead of fundraising through candy/magazine/wrapping paper sales, Parkview PTSA appeals directly to parents and friends of the school. Your gift, in any amount, is much appreciated and helps support excellence at Parkview.
Together, we hope to raise more than $16,000.00 for Parkview Center School this school year. Your gift will help PTSA fund important programs like:
- Teacher Grants for classroom materials and activities
- Excellence Activities such as Future Problem Solvers and History Day
- Coordinating Volunteers
- Crisis Fund for Students in Need
- Technology Updates
You can give online at GiveMN.org:
If you'd rather give by check or pledge, here's a link to a downloadable giving form:
Thanks, as always, for all the different kinds of support you give to your children and the whole school community.
Kristen Smith Olson, Principal
Parkview Center School
OPT OUT of Receiving a Paper Copy
We are using a “green” approach” to distributing the PCS-Update (school newsletter). Rather than sending the newsletter home via backpack mail to the Youngest/Only child in the family, we are posting the newsletter online. The PCS-Update web site is: http://roseville.mn.schoolwebpages.com/PCSUpdate/
Parkview Center School is a Roseville K-8 school of choice valuing High Achievement through Imagination, Innovation and Teamwork.
As an innovative school pursuing high achievement, PCS staff is committed to:
- Challenging ourselves to achieve the highest academic standards using current research and data in addition to piloting new programs
- Developing professional learning communities to improve student achievement
- Implementing multiple instructional strategies to meet the needs of our diverse learners
- Connecting students within classrooms, across grade levels and throughout the school to further develop a supportive learning community
- Developing meaningful student/teacher relationships to maximize student potential
- Implementing a K-6 exploratory Spanish language and culture program and a grade 7-8 Spanish language program
We are committed to ensuring an equitable and respectful experience for every student, family, and staff member regardless of: gender, home or first language, ability, race, age, socioeconomic status, religion, sexual orientation, national origin.
As citizens of the world, the Parkview community will:
- Welcome all families within our diverse community and beyond our district boundaries
- Respect the voices of all students, staff and parents
- Embrace the PEACE Program by promoting and encouraging Peace, Equity, Action, Community, and the Environment through our Environmental Education Program
- Parents and community members add tremendous value to the overall Parkview school program
- Volunteers provide support for classroom learning, special events, and field trips; and for projects at all levels
- We encourage student involvement in the community and community involvement in our school
Parkview has been designated by the US Department of Education as a 2010 Blue Ribbon School in the category of High Performance. We are one of only 304 public schools awarded Blue Ribbon status in 2010. Read More...