Promoting Community Spirit
Our Hours for the School Year are:
7:35 am - 2:00 pm
Full Day Kindergarten: 7:35 am - 2:00 pm
PM Kindergarten: 11:30 am - 2:00 pm
PCS Office Hours:
7:25 am - 2:55 pm
Phone - 651-487-4360
FAX - 651-487-4379
TDD - 651-487-4366
e-mail Attendance or call 651-487-4364
Please include: Name, Grade,
Reason for Absence, and
if ILL, List symptoms such as:
fever, cough, sore throat, upset
To schedule a tour: call or e-mail Kathy Farrell at 651-487-4381.
The Central Enrollment Office at ISD 623 handles all current and future enrollment at Parkview Center School. Read more about Parkview's enrollment system. Enrollment for the 2013-14 school year is complete.
If you are interested in applying for the 2014-15 school year, please fill out and return the lottery application (English) / solicitud de lotería (Español). Applications will be accepted until January 31, 2014.
Central Enrollment can be reached at 651-635-1626 or e-mail them at: email@example.com. Their Internet web site is: http://www.isd623.org/enrollment/.
E-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
E is for Equity Week. This is the video the student PEACE team made for Equity week. Click on the image to play the video.
Here is a little video about all the fun the 1st and 2nd graders were having today (Nov 27) with their fairy tale ball. Click on the image to play the video.
Parkview PTSA is Counting on You
Together, we hope to raise more than $16,000.00 for Parkview Center School this school year. Your gift will help PTSA fund important programs like:
- Teacher Grants for classroom materials and activities
- Excellence Activities such as Future Problem Solvers and History Day
- Coordinating Volunteers
- Crisis Fund for Students in Need
- Technology Updates
Kristen Smith Olson, Principal
Parkview Center School
OPT OUT of Receiving a Paper Copy
We are using a “green” approach” to distributing the PCS-Update (school newsletter). Rather than sending the newsletter home via backpack mail to the Youngest/Only child in the family, we are posting the newsletter online. The PCS-Update web site is: http://roseville.mn.schoolwebpages.com/PCSUpdate/
Feel like you are out of the loop?
Wonder what happened to that missing form?
Check out Parkview's Flyers and Forms page for flyers, notices, and more.
Upcoming Events (Highlights)
Check out our PCS Calendar for a listing of all upcoming events
02 - No School K-12 Teacher Workshop
03 - PTSA Meeting Media Center 6:30 pm
3-6 - E (Equity) Week for PEACE
05 - Hanukkah Ends
07 - National Pearl Harbor / Remembrance Day
10 - Human Rights Day
10 - Newsletter Deadline - Please send articles to: PCS-Update@isd623.org
13 - Geography Bee 8:30 am
19 - Site Council Meeting 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
21 - Winter Solstice
23-31 - No School - Staff & Students K-12 (Winter Break)
24 - Christmas Eve - NO EVENING ACTIVITIES
25 - Christmas Day - NO ACTIVITIES
26 - Kwanzaa Begins
31 - New Years Eve - NO EVENING ACTIVITIES
PCS PTSA Direct Appeal
Parkview's continuing excellence relies on the financial contributions of everyone in the Parkview community. Instead of fundraising through candy/magazine/wrapping paper sales, Parkview PTSA appeals directly to parents and friends of the school. Your gift, in any amount, is much appreciated and helps support excellence at Parkview.
You can give online at GiveMN.org:
If you'd rather give by check or pledge, here's a link to a downloadable giving form:
Thanks, as always, for all the different kinds of support you give to your children and the whole school community.
Parkview Center School is a Roseville K-8 school of choice valuing High Achievement through Imagination, Innovation and Teamwork.
As an innovative school pursuing high achievement, PCS staff is committed to:
- Challenging ourselves to achieve the highest academic standards using current research and data in addition to piloting new programs
- Developing professional learning communities to improve student achievement
- Implementing multiple instructional strategies to meet the needs of our diverse learners
- Connecting students within classrooms, across grade levels and throughout the school to further develop a supportive learning community
- Developing meaningful student/teacher relationships to maximize student potential
- Implementing a K-6 exploratory Spanish language and culture program and a grade 7-8 Spanish language program
We are committed to ensuring an equitable and respectful experience for every student, family, and staff member regardless of: gender, home or first language, ability, race, age, socioeconomic status, religion, sexual orientation, national origin.
As citizens of the world, the Parkview community will:
- Welcome all families within our diverse community and beyond our district boundaries
- Respect the voices of all students, staff and parents
- Embrace the PEACE Program by promoting and encouraging Peace, Equity, Action, Community, and the Environment through our Environmental Education Program
- Parents and community members add tremendous value to the overall Parkview school program
- Volunteers provide support for classroom learning, special events, and field trips; and for projects at all levels
- We encourage student involvement in the community and community involvement in our school
Parkview has been designated by the US Department of Education as a 2010 Blue Ribbon School in the category of High Performance. We are one of only 304 public schools awarded Blue Ribbon status in 2010. Read More...