About Our District
Serving Residents of Seven Communities
Known for its tradition of excellence, Roseville Area Schools – Independent School District 623 – provides educational programs and services to thousands of children and adults from all or parts of Arden Hills, Falcon Heights, Little Canada, Lauderdale, Maplewood, Roseville, and Shoreview.
The District has:
- 6 neighborhood elementary schools
- A dual language immersion (Spanish) elementary program
- A K-8 school
- A K-6 year-round inter-district integration magnet school
- A 7-8 middle school
- An alternative high school
- A 9-12 high school
- An adult learning center
- Pre-K programs birth to five
Enrollment in the district is growing, with just over 7,500 students in K-12 grades. Each year, about 30,000 people enroll in Community Education programs and activities. Early Childhood Education programs also draw more than 800 children and their families annually.
If you're interested in enrolling your child in Roseville Area Schools, please click on Enrollment Information or contact Central Enrollment at 651-635-1626 or firstname.lastname@example.org. They're open weekdays 7:30 am – 4:00 pm
Quality and Equity: More than a Tagline
Throughout the District and in the materials we post or publish, you'll see our guiding statement: "Quality Teaching and Learning for All...Equity in All We Do." For us, it's more than a tagline. It emphasizes our commitment and guides our actions. As stated in our Strategic Road Map, we’re student-focused, mission-driven, and goal-centered. Our CLEAR goals center on: Community, Leadership, Equity, Achievement, and Resources. With an overarching commitment to equity and success for all students, we aim to close the achievement gap within our diverse student population.
At A Glance
- Communities served: All or parts of Arden Hills, Falcon Heights, Little Canada, Lauderdale, Maplewood, Roseville, and Shoreview
- District K-12 enrollment: 7,525 (Fall 2014)
- Student ethnicity: 50% white, 21% Asian, 16% Black, 11% Hispanic, 1% American Indian
- 28% of our students have languages other than English spoken at home with Spanish, Karen, and Hmong the most prevalent home languages
- 46% students qualify for free or reduced lunches
- 85% of our teachers have earned at least 15 college credits beyond a bachelor's degree. 65% of our teachers hold a master’s degree or higher. Thirteen have earned National Board Certification in Teaching.
- Roseville Area High School is in the top 2% of Minnesota schools and in the top 4% of the nation’s schools, according to U.S. News and World Report, 2013
- 93% of our graduates go on to post-secondary education or the military