Seeking Content for Voices, a Student Literary Publication
Welcome to the homepage of Voices, a district-produced student literary publication that is mailed to all district residents in July. Our goal in creating Voices is to provide an exciting and meaningful outlet for students of all ages to create and share personal written work. Voices is published annually as an opportunity for students to express themselves through a number of themes.
- The theme of our second issue will be Gratitude: Being Thankful, Showing Kindness and we’ll be looking for pieces that have a strong personal voice or distinct student perspective.
- As the work will be part of an overall newsletter layout, written work must be submitted in a Word document via email@example.com.
- Teachers may submit written work on behalf of their students OR students can submit their own work.
- Each submission MUST include the student’s first and last name, school, grade level, a teacher’s name (for confirmation), and a short title. If information is missing we will be unable to publish that particular piece.
- We welcome all types of writing — essays, poems, lyrics, tall tales, letters, and more!
- We have limited space (12 pages) so as much as we would love to we cannot guarantee publication. We reserve the right to select writing based on our desire to represent the wide range of student voices and experiences in our school community.
- Also due to limited space, we must limited writing samples to no more than 250 words.
You may start submitting your work now or urge your students to do so. The deadline for submission is May 1, 2018. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
We are excited and proud to have this opportunity to feature the extraordinary work and compelling perspectives of our students!
— Chris Bretz and Carrie Ardito