Thank you all for ensuring a safe arrival and dismissal experience for our students!
Our designated area for dropping off and picking up students at Parkview Center School is at the front of the building. We have designated 5-6 spaces along the curve and sidewalk for pick up and drop off times. Your full attention during this time is appreciated and promotes a safe and timely process for all.
A few reminders to assist with a smooth transition include:
- Enter at the end of the line and advance with caution.
- The inner lane is reserved for those parking or departing.
- Loading and unloading is on the curb, preferably passenger side of the vehicle.
- Students will only be allowed to load once the vehicle has come to a complete stop.
- Please use the sidewalk If you are transitioning a student to or from a parked vehicle.
- Do not leave your vehicle while in the zone, staff will assist with entering and exiting the vehicle.
- Please share these procedures with family members.
We have limited space curbside on Grotto for family pick-up. The zone before and after the PCS steps on Grotto is reserved for Specialized Transportation. Families will need to transition their child(ren) to their vehicle if required to cross the street. When waiting for your passenger, please be mindful to keep the steps open for students arriving and departing.
If you are meeting your student in person, please go to the designated area at the front of the building. We do have students being picked up on Grotto via taxis/vans in a designated area. There are also families picking up in that area. We need to make sure we are not gathering or waiting on the stairs or sidewalk while students are transitioning to their transportation. Please consider using the first entrance in the main parking lot where we have designated the official area for parent/family pick up.
Communicate with your student and teachers early in the week and day about transportation schedules, plans and changes. We cannot ensure last minute phone calls and requests will be communicated or supported during dismissal. Your child’s safety is important to us and early communication is key to make sure that happens.
You can download the Arrival and Dismissal Map HERE.
Your attention to these procedures is appreciated. Please feel free to let us know of any questions or concerns you may have regarding this process.
Rena Jepma-Krohn, PCS Associate Principal