Update from the School Board
The Roseville Area Schools school board thanks everyone who provided input on the superintendent search process by completing the online survey or participating in a focus group. The input is extremely valuable to inform whom the board should hire as the next superintendent, and more broadly, to help the board understand the perceptions of different constituent groups about the district.
More than 800 people shared their insight via the survey and close to 100 people participated in focus groups. The input on important attributes in the new superintendent, goals for the district in the next three years, and questions to ask the candidates was thoughtful and informative. The superintendent search firm (School Exec Connect) compiled the input and shared it with the school board at their meeting on February 18.
Based on the input, the school board approved a revised Profile of Attributes for the New Superintendent. The search firm will use the revised profile as the criteria for screening candidates. Those judged to be well-matched for the position will be presented to the school board at its televised meeting on Tuesday, February 23. Once the board approves the candidates, their names will become public.
On Wednesday, February 24, staff, students and other stakeholder groups will interview the candidates during the day and the board will interview them in a televised meeting that evening. If needed, the board will conduct a second interview on February 26. A final candidate is expected to be announced in late February and their contract negotiated in March. They will assume duties July 1, 2021.
Next Steps in the Superintendent Search
- February 23: At its regular 6:30 p.m. board meeting, candidates presented and board formally approves candidates to be interviewed.
- February 24: Focus group interviews with candidates and televised interviews with the school board at a special meeting of the board at 6:30 p.m.
- February 26: Second interviews with candidates (if needed) at a special meeting of the board.
- Early March: Anticipated board action on a contract with the finalist.
- July 1, 2021: New superintendent assumes duties.