We are urging our Roseville Area Schools families and students to stay home and stay safe tonight. Honor the 8 p.m. curfew. Thank you.
Our Year-Round Elementary Program
Harambee is a year-round school with 172 student days. The same number of days that children on a traditional calendar attend school, but on a year-round calendar the days are arranged differently. Students have 4 nine-week quarters with a 2 to 3-week intersession break dividing the quarters. The students also have a vacation in December and July. Year-round schools support our students in the following ways:
- Elimination of significant learning loss that occurs during the summer, and with it, the time that is spent re-teaching each fall.
- Children receive remediation and enrichment immediately. The intersession is a perfect time to receive extra support and develop enrichment opportunities.
- Increases students' interest in learning. Studies show that with regular breaks, students' interest remains high all year.
- Students whose primary language is not English develop language skills without large gaps in instruction.
- Staff and students come back from breaks feeling refreshed and "ready to go".
A diverse student body.
Free all-day kindergarten.
A challenging, standards-based curriculum.
A unique campus on 28 acres of environmental land.
An inter-district integration magnet school.
How to Enroll
Due to their unique programming, four of our schools use lotteries in their enrollment process. This includes Harambee (year-round, K-6, magnet school, transportation provided in selected east metro counties).
For instructions on how to participate in the lottery, please visit our enrollment page. If you have additional questions, please contact Central Enrollment. Their contact information is provided below.
The district will process applications during the week of February 6, 2017, and families will be notified of the lottery results by U.S. mail by Friday, February 10, 2017.
All schools will offer sibling preference in placement. This means that siblings of current students will be placed into the school/program before the lottery drawing. Siblings are still required to complete a lottery application.
Roseville Area Schools
Central Enrollment Office
1251 County Road B2 West
Roseville, MN 55113
email: email@example.comMore information on enrolling can be found at Central Enrollment.