Voices, a Student Literary Publication: The 2019 Edition
Welcome to the homepage of Voices, a district-produced student literary publication. Our goal in creating Voices is to provide an exciting and meaningful outlet for students of all ages to create and share personal written work. Voices is published annually as an opportunity for students to express themselves through a number of themes. Following are links to previous editions that were mailed to all households in our school district. We are excited and proud to have this opportunity to feature the extraordinary work and compelling perspectives of our students!
The theme of the 2019 edition is HOPE, and we’ll be looking for pieces that have a strong personal voice or distinct student perspective. To submit work for Voices, please keep the following points in mind:
- As the work will be part of an overall newsletter layout, written work must be submitted in a Word document to email@example.com.
- Teachers may submit written work on behalf of their students OR students can submit their own work.
- Each submission MUST include the student’s first and last name, school, grade level, a teacher’s name (for confirmation), and a short title. If information is missing we will be unable to publish that particular piece.
- We welcome all types of writing — essays, poems, lyrics, tall tales, letters, and more.
- We have limited space so as much as we would love to we cannot guarantee publication. We reserve the right to select writing based on our desire to represent the wide range of student voices and experiences in our school community.
- Also due to limited space, shorter writing samples are preferred. Shorter means no more than 250 words.
- As this publication goes out to all households in our community and represents our school district, we ask that those submitting written works be aware that we have all ages of community members reading the publication — from young children to older adults and everyone in between. If we are concerned about particular content, we will connect with the writer to discuss alternative language.
You may start submitting your work now or urge your students to do so. The deadline for submission is May 1, 2019.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. We are excited and proud to have this opportunity to feature the extraordinary work and compelling perspectives of our students!