Seeking Content for VOICES, a Student Literary Publication
We are excited about the launch of Voices, a district-produced student literary publication that will go out to all district residents in July. Our goal in creating Voices is to provide an exciting and meaningful outlet for students of all ages to create and share personal written work. We plan to publish Voices annually as an opportunity for students to express themselves through a number of themes. Voices will showcase the amazing work happening in our classrooms while also reflecting our community’s rich diversity.
- The theme of our first issue will be Roseville’s Many Voices, and we’ll be looking for pieces that have a strong personal voice or distinct student perspective.
- As the work will be part of an overall newsletter layout, written work must be submitted in a Word document via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Teachers may submit written work on behalf of their students OR students can submit their own work.
- Each submission MUST include the student’s first and last name, school, grade level, a teacher’s name (for confirmation), and a short title. If information is missing we will be unable to publish that particular piece.
- We welcome all types of writing — essays, poems, lyrics, tall tales, letters, and more!
- We have limited space (12 pages) so as much as we would love to we cannot guarantee publication. We reserve the right to select writing based on our desire to represent the wide range of student voices and experiences in our school community.
- Also due to limited space, shorter writing samples are preferred. Shorter means preferably no more than 250 words.
You may start submitting your work now or urge your students to do so. The deadline for submission is May 15, 2017. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
We are excited and proud to have this opportunity to feature the extraordinary work and compelling perspectives of our students!
— Chris Bretz and Carrie Ardito