1:1 iPad Agreement & iPad Insurance
By accepting the school issued iPad, you and your student are agreeing to follow the district’s expectations for student iPad use as found in the 1:1 iPad Program Family & Student Guide. Please review the 1:1 iPad Program Family & Student Guide with your student. This document includes expectations as well as helpful information about how to manage the iPad at home, the goals of the iPad Program, restriction options, and more. If a student does not follow district expectations for student iPad use, they may be issued iPad restrictions and school consequences.
Complete the following 2 steps by the first week of school each year:
- Review the 1:1 iPad Program Family & Student Guide with your student.
- Sign up for iPad insurance each year through our Affinety system (optional).
- Families who qualify for educational benefits are automatically enrolled and covered by iPad Insurance. No action is needed. Apply for educational benefits here.
- To purchase insurance you will create an account in Affinety. Instructions on how to create an Affinety account are here.
- You will need your student’s Student ID/District ID to register; this is the student number found on a report card or in StudentVue. If you do not know your student’s Student ID, you can request it by contacting your school building.
By not purchasing iPad insurance, your family is responsible for the cost of any repairs or replacement of the iPad.
Information about iPad Insurance
- Voluntary insurance is offered to every family. The iPad insurance is $30 annually. This will cover the first incident or breakage of the iPad. If a second incident or breakage occurs, there will be a fee of $50. If a third incident or breakage occurs, there will be a fee of $75. If you would like to sign up for voluntary iPad insurance, you can purchase insurance through Affinety.
- Students who qualify for educational benefits will automatically be enrolled for insurance at no cost. However, the fees will still apply to 2nd and 3rd breakages.
- If your family chooses not to purchase insurance, please be aware that your family will be responsible for the full cost of any needed repairs or replacement.
- Cases and chargers are not included in the insurance coverage.
The following issues ARE covered under iPad insurance
- Accidental damage
- Cracked screen
- Fire or flood
- Spills or submersions
- Power surge
- Theft or vandalism (a police report is necessary)
The following issues are NOT covered under iPad insurance
- Intentional damage
- Cosmetic damage including normal wear and tear
- Theft from an unlocked vehicle
- Damage resulting from dishonest acts or inappropriate behavior. For example, throwing, playing around, or removing the district-issued case.
Cost of replacement purchases
- iPad - $375
- iPad case - $20
- Apple charger - $40 (cable only - $20, block only - $20)