Creating an Equitable Learning Environment for All
Through its Equity Vision, Roseville Area Schools strives for equitable and respectful educational experiences for every student, family, and staff member regardless of
- Gender identity
- Sexual orientation
- Socioeconomic status
- Home or first language
- National origin
- Physical appearance
We aim to offer integrated learning settings where all students can attain high academic achievement and to strengthen staff capacity to work effectively with learners, families, and colleagues from diverse backgrounds. The AVID System and Equity Alliance MN connections are under the Equity and Integration umbrella. The district's cultural liaisons work closely with this office.
Equity Core Component of Strategic Plan
Roseville Area Schools' equity vision is a core component within the district's Strategic Road Map and is supported through the district's vision statement, which says that we will be a learning community characterized by:
- Engaged, motivated, and high-achieving lifelong learners.
- A nurturing and challenging environment for each student and staff member.
- Clear goals, high expectations, and measurable results.
- Professionals who apply current best educational practices in instruction, curriculum, and assessment.
- Meaningful involvement and interactive communication among students, families, staff, and the community .
Reports Reflect District Now and in the Future
In the District Demographic Report, you will find district-wide information on student ethnicity, the number of students participating in our English Learners program and Free/Reduced meals, school enrollment figures, and class-size averages. The 2017-2020 Equity & Integration Plan highlights the goals we will be pursuing this year to advance our equity vision.
PDF Version of Our Equity Vision