Due to winter weather, all afternoon and evening Roseville Area Schools athletics and activities are canceled Friday (including Adult Basic Education) with the exception of Friendship Connection, which will remain open. Schools will remain open until their normal dismissal time but please note that buses may run late due to road conditions.
Helping Keep Kids Healthy
Each school in Roseville Area Schools has a school nurse and a health assistant. They are committed to student health and safety through a comprehensive school health program.
Managing the health office, the school nurse:
- Schedules vision, hearing, and scoliosis screening according to state/district guidelines.
- Maintains health records, including immunization records, according to state law.
- Works with school staff to understand and meet individual student health needs.
- Is a liaison between home, school, and healthcare needs related to student health and educational plans (IHP, 504, IEP).
- Provides referral information about community health-related resources as needed.
Supervised by the school nurse, the assistant:
- Performs routine first aid and administers daily medication as prescribed by a doctor.
- Calls parents when a student becomes ill or is injured during the school day.
- Consults with the school nurse when there is an emergency, a physical assessment of an illness or an injury is needed, or a non-routine health concern arises during the school day.
Updated Health & Emergency Information Important
Each year, parents of enrolled students are given a copy of their child's Student Health and Emergency form to update. An updated form is extremely important to have on file if your child has a health emergency during the school day. Also, the school nurse uses the updated information to address any health needs that may impact your child's success in school.
If your contact information (phone numbers, address, and emergency contacts) changes during the school year, please notify the school's main office of the changes right away.
Deborah Rowell Legan, RN, PHN, LSN
Licensed School Nurse