Special Education Advisory Council
Special Education Advisory Council (SEAC) Parent/Guardian/Family Group
The Special Education Advisory Council (SEAC) is a partnership between the school district and parents/guardians/families of Roseville Area Schools scholars with disabilities. SEAC is mandated by the state to advise the district on policy and planning through the director of special education. SEAC is comprised of parents/guardians/family members and key Special Education Department staff. The council often invites leaders from other district departments in order to be informed and to lend multiple perspectives to decision making.
The Special Education Advisory Council (SEAC):
- Provides a forum for stakeholders to conduct scheduled meetings to collaboratively identify and encourage the use of best practices in special education.
- Serves as an information source to all stakeholders regarding the district's special education programs and policies.
- Interacts with district and community organizations to encourage meaningful opportunities for participation of students with a disability.
Why attend a SEAC meeting?
By attending a meeting, you will:
- You will learn more about special education.
- Have your voice heard.
- Have input on planning in the Special Education Department and the school district
- Meet other families of children with special needs
- Increased awareness of student progress and effective responses to problems.
- Greater self-confidence in guiding students through school.
- Deeper appreciation of teachers and trust for school systems.
- Stronger support for schools and from schools.
- Greater sense of community within schools.
During the 2021-2022 school year, the Special Education Advisory Council (SEAC) will meet at Roseville Area High School, Media Center on the following dates from 6 – 8 PM:
- October 7, 2021
- November 18, 2021
- January 20, 2022
- February 17. 2022
- April 7, 2022
- May 5, 2022 CANCELED
- June 7, 2022 ADDED
For More Information Contact:Taylor Anderson Student Services Assistant Director 651-635-1636 firstname.lastname@example.org or Bernae VeraKruse Administrative Assistant, Student Services 651-635-1608