Curriculum & Instruction
The What and How of Learning
Curriculum and Instruction concentrates on the what and how of learning. We focus on what students are expected to learn and what strategies will be used to help them achieve those learning goals. Research-based curriculum and instructional strategies guide our decisions.
Our Curriculum and Program Review System helps us evaluate and continuously improve the teaching-learning process.
Grade-Level Learning Expectations
For grades K-6, the district's grade-level performance indicators show what students are expected to know and do at the end of each grade. Course descriptions for students in grades 7-8 indicate what students will learn in their classes. For grades 9-12, the Roseville Area High School (RAHS) course descriptions feature learning outcomes for each class.
Review the K-6 Performance Indicator Descriptions below to see what students are expected to learn at the end of each grade. These descriptions are also shared with parents at report-card time.
District Curriculum Advisory Committee (DCAC)
The District Curriculum Advisory Committee (DCAC) plays an important role in improving student achievement in the Roseville Area Schools.
- Reviews reports of curriculum study committees, results of student achievement tests, and other assessments of student learning.
- Shares information about student performance goals, test results, district improvement plans, and progress on previous improvement plans with the community.
- Reviews and comments on district improvement efforts generated by an ongoing system of curriculum revision and improvement.
- Members may serve as liaisons to district review teams.
- Serves as a liaison to a school building’s parent organization to keep them informed of district improvement efforts.
The committee includes community representatives and district staff members. Each elementary school has one representative and each secondary school has two or three, depending on the building’s size.
Director for Teaching and Learning Jake Von De Linde serves as the district’s staff liaison to the DCAC.
In 2019-2020, the DCAC will meet from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. in the Great Room at Fairview on Mondays:
- September 23, 2019
- October 28, 2019
- November 25, 2019
- January 13, 2020
- February 24, 2020
- March 23, 2020
- April 20, 2020
- May 18, 2020
If you have an interest or willingness to assist District 623 by serving on this committee, please contact your building principal or Jake Von De Linde.
Educational Development Center Office