Grades 7 - 8 Activities and Athletics - Fall 2020
Fall 2020 sports are canceled for grades 7-8 at Parkview Center and at RAMS. The status of after-school activities for grades 7-8 will be evaluated after the September 22 school board meeting, which is when the board will revisit the decision to open schools in distance learning for all grades. For additional information, visit the Grades 7-8 Activities & Athletics Program webpage.
Activities and Athletics at RAHS - Fall 2020
Important note: Even though the district is starting the school year in distance learning, student-athletes may still participate in the fall activities as approved below by the Minnesota State High School League.
Modified Fall Season
The Minnesota State High School League’s (MSHSL) board of directors, at its meeting on Aug. 4, approved moving forward with several fall activities with limitations. Boys and girls soccer, girls tennis, boys and girls cross country, and girls swim and dive will compete this fall with a shortened season (70% of a normal season). Football and volleyball have been moved to the spring where they will compete from March to May. Traditional spring sports will then be played from May to July, pending approval by the MSHSL.
Competing MSHSL activities can still meet and compete online, if applicable. All other after-school activities are on hold, and will be revisited after the September 22 school board meeting.
If you registered for football or volleyball, you have two options:
- Your registration and fee will simply be carried over to the spring football or volleyball season and your registration is complete.
- You can contact the activities office and request that you be reimbursed. If you select this option you will need to re-register for the spring season and pay the appropriate participation fee.
- Season 1 - Fall (August 17 - October)
- Season 2 - Winter
- Season 3 - Early spring (March-May) (i.e., football and volleyball)
- oeason 4- Spring sports (May-July)
Other Athletics and Activities
We are working with our conference districts on a plan for other athletics and activities and will share details when they are available.