Child Care/Friendship Connection
Information about Friendship Connection and childcare services in the 2020-21 school year
Per executive order 20-82, all school districts and charter schools must provide childcare during school hours to tier 1 critical workers if using a distance learning or hybrid model. Districts are encouraged to offer childcare to tier 2, 3, and all families as space and staffing allows.
All of the options below are for students enrolled in Roseville Area Schools who are 4 years old who are one year before kindergarten through 12 years old. Due to licensing requirements, we are unable to offer care to anyone under 4 years of age or more than one year away from kindergarten.
All care will be coordinated by the Roseville Community Education Out of School Time leadership team. Staff will include out of school time youth workers and school day staff.
- School Day Care
- Free for tier 1 critical workers, and available for other families as space allows.
- Offered during school hours on days children are scheduled for distance learning.
- Parkview: 7:35 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Little Canada, Central Park, Falcon Heights: 8:45 a.m. - 3:20 p.m.
- Edgerton, Harambee, Brimhall and Emmet D Williams: 9:35 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Not available on days when there is no school (professional development days, breaks, etc).
- Will support distance learning in coordination with parents and the school.
- If care is needed outside of school hours, must register for fee-based before and after school Friendship Connection.
- Registration required.
- Before and after school Friendship Connection
- Offered 6:30 a.m. to school start time, morning care is not available at Parkview.
- Offered school dismissal time to 6 p.m.
- Available to:
- Anyone attending School Day Care
- Anyone attending in-person schooling
- Registration required
- Non-School Day Friendship Connection
- Offered 6:30 a.m. - 6 p.m. on days when there is no school (professional development days, breaks, etc).
- Closed on Election Day and school board approved holidays.
- Registration required.
Registration is open for Friendship Connection and School Day Care. Contracts are either pick your days or consistent schedules. With the fluid nature of the school year and likely schedule changes, we highly encourage families to register using the pick your days model this school year.
To be able to attend Friendship Connection or School Day Care the first week of school, registrations must be received by August 28th. Families will be notified of registration approval via email.
- Register for School Day Care here: link to register.
- Register for before/after school and NSD Friendship Connection here: link to register.
COVID-19 changes and safety procedures
Friendship Connection and School Day Care will place students in "pods" to limit exposure. This is in accordance with the MN Department of Health childcare guidance and the 2020-21 School Year Planning Guidance. Staff and youth will wear masks, follow social distancing guidelines, and sanitize surfaces and materials regularly.
All childcare providers have been asked to create and share a COVID-19 preparedness plan. The Friendship Connection plan can be found here. This is a live document and will be updated as new guidance and information about COVID-19 is available.