Reopening Schools for the 2020-21 School Year
Transitioning to blended learning
Roseville Area Schools began the school year with distance learning for all grades. On September 22, the school board approved a plan for a staged transition from distance learning to blended learning. The proposed first stage transitions students who opt-in to the blended learning scenario in kindergarten and first grade on October 12. The proposed second stage includes ECSE, pre-K, second and third grade transitioning on October 26, and grades 4-6 on November 9. The final stage would transition students in the secondary grades beginning the first day of the second trimester, December 7.
Families who do not want their students to transition to blended learning have the option to register for the Roseville Area Schools Distance Learning Academy, our 100% distance learning option. Again, all Roseville Area Schools families will be able to choose a full-time distance learning option for the entire 2020-2021 school year, if that is what is best for your family.
The proposed staged transition plan assumes and is contingent upon favorable health and safety conditions, such as a decrease or sustained low-levels of positive COVID-19 cases in Ramsey County, and an absence of other unforeseen negative circumstances. Should conditions improve significantly and a return to fully in-person learning becomes possible, these stages could be combined or accelerated.
Families with students in ECSE and elementary grades registered for either blended learning or the Distance Learning Academy the week of September 14 - 18:
We know that students and families have many questions about what to expect this fall with school, while our nation is amidst a global pandemic. Three important documents to refer to:
- Roseville Area Schools Blended Learning Handbook
- Roseville Area Schools Distance Learning Academy Handbook
Please also refer to the FAQ linked to the left. If you have additional questions, please send them to email@example.com.
Messages to families
It's hard to keep track of all the emails. Here is a running log of messages related to reopening schools this fall.
- September 22, 2020: School Board Approves Plan for Staged Transition to Blended Learning Scenario
- September 14, 2020: Register Now for Blended Learning or the Distance Learning Academy
- September 4, 2020: Starting School Next Week and Looking Ahead
- August 22, 2020: Fall 2020 Activities Update Under Distance Learning 2.0
- August 18, 2020: Board Decision on Starting School in Distance Learning
- August 14, 2020: Fall 2020 Reopening Update
- August 4, 2020: Family Distance Learning Survey and Clarification on Blended Learning
- July 31, 2020: State guidance and plans for fall 2020
- July 25, 2020: Update on Plans for Fall 2020
- June 22, 2020: Family Survey: Planning for Fall 2020 / Planificacion para el otoño del 2020
- June 12, 2020: After a difficult spring, looking ahead to fall