Roseville Area Schools is committed to following all state and federal guidelines to ensure the health and safety of students who ride the bus to school. This fall, transportation will be provided for families as it has been in the past. Bus routes are being built based on current social distancing guidelines which limit each bus to half capacity. Students and drivers will be required to wear masks on the bus.
In order to maintain smaller student loads, we are asking that families transport their students to/from school, if convenient.
Other transportation safety facts:
- Buses will transport students at 50% capacity.
- All riders will maintain six feet of distance from the bus driver.
- One child per seat; siblings will need to sit together.
- Loading and unloading procedures will maximize social distancing to the greatest extent possible.
- High touch areas on buses will be disinfected following each route.
- Students and driver will wear face coverings on the ride.
- Windows will be open, as weather permits, and ventilation systems maximized to promote airflow throughout the bus.
- IEP or 504 plan-driven accommodations will be reconfigured to meet physical distancing guidance while meeting the needs of individual students.
- Bus and parent drop-off and pick-up zones and loading/unloading times may need to be modified to accommodate a potential increase in self-transported students.