Media Center Edgerton
Where Learning Never Ends...
The Edgerton Media Technology program is an integral part of a student's educational journey. It serves as an extension of the classroom... a laboratory for reading, writing, and applying video and computer technical skills needed by students and teachers to become creative problem solvers and self-reliant, life-long learners.
- Library with 18,000 books, magazines, video and audio materials
- Large computer lab with 32 Macintosh computers
- 2 mini-computer labs
- Television production studio
- Meeting & class space
Explore what we have to offer:
- Book Talk! Explore and rate the Maud Hart Lovelace books next year! You can also find out what other kids are reading throughout the country.
- Children's Choices: Children evaluate and write reviews of their favorite books!
- Enter the name of a book you like, and this site will make a personal list for you!
- Guys Read: A literary initiative for boys from Jon Scieszka.
- Kids (Recommended for Kids): Reading suggestions from Ramsey County Public Library.
- Fun Lists of Books for Grades 4 - 7 including: Dragons, Spies Like Us, Scary Stories
- Kids & Parents: A Lifetime Reading List
- Author Read-alouds; Book Trailers; Video Booktalks for such books as: 39 Clues; Alec Flint Super Sleuth; Whipping Boy
- Booklists from New York Public Library: recommended lists for adults, teens, & younger readers.
- Books and Authors by Theme
- Prize Winning Books for Young Adults
- Colorín Colorado: A Bi-lingual (Spanish & English) Site With Book & Author Lists for Families & Teachers
- Series Books: kidsreads.com/series With a "series" book, kids can read one and quickly find another.
- RIF: Reading Is Fundamental… Lots of Lists of Books
- It's not just important TO READ, you have to WANT TO READ. Lists to make you WANT to read.