Resources & Forms
- Student Immunization Form (pdf) - The official document for recording immunizations and objections for school
- Free or Low-Cost Shots for Children
Are Your Kids Ready for School?
- Minnesota’s Immunization law – General information about who needs vaccines and when
Should I Send My Child to School?
- Is My Child Healthy Enough for School? (pdf) - Information on Infectious Diseases
- Influenza Symptom Screening Tool for Parents and Caregivers (pdf)
- Low Cost Medical and Dental Clinics
- Minnesota Health Care Programs (pdf)
- Free or Reduced Cost Health Care
- MDH list of links to various programs and agencies that offer free or reduced cost health and dental care.
- Resources to Find Low-Cost Health Care or get Health Insurance from MDH, available in 20 languages.
- A statewide resource that provides access to private health insurance and public medical assistance programs.
- MN Homeless Shelter Directory
- If you are experiencing homelessness or inconsistent housing, contact your school social worker for more resources
Hotlines and Helplines
- Poison Control 1 (800) 222-1222
- A free and confidential resource, Poison Control tells you what to do if you swallow, splash, or get stung by something that may be harmful.
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433), 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255), Text hotline 1-800-799-4889.
- 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones, and best practices for professionals.
- National Human Trafficking Hotline: 1 (888) 373-7888
- This hotline is for tips about potential situations of sex and labor trafficking and facilitates reporting that information to the appropriate authorities in certain cases. The National Human Trafficking Hotline also connects victims and survivors of sex and labor trafficking with services and supports to get help and stay safe.
- National Parent Helpline 1-855- 4A PARENT • 1-855-427-2736
- Call the National Parent Helpline to get emotional support from a trained Advocate and become empowered and a stronger parent. Asking for help is a sign of strength.
- Ramsey County Child Protectio 651-266-4500
- You can report suspected child maltreatment 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Call even if you are not sure whether or not to make a report, and a child protection social worker will assist you.
- Ramsey County Children’s Crisis Response 651-266-7878 24/7
- Crisis Hotline for children in the midst of a mental health crisis
Resources for Chronic Health Conditions
- American Diabetes Association
- Working to prevent and cure diabetes and to improve the lives of all people affected by diabetes.
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Website by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) with general information related to child health and guidance on parenting issues.
- Asthma & Allergy Foundation
The nation’s health protection agency.
Leading the fight to overcome the challenges of living with epilepsy and to accelerate therapies to stop seizures, find cures, and save lives.
- Food Allergy Research & Education
- Tips to stay healthy:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your coughs or sneezes
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Minnesota Department of Health (MDH)
- Website for our state health department- information on vaccine preventable diseases, resources, where to get vaccines at free and low cost clinics, and more. The MDH vision is for health equity in Minnesota, where all communities are thriving and all people have what they need to be healthy.
- Nutrition- My Plate (CDC)
- Website from the USDA Center for Nutrition Policy & Promotion advancing and promoting dietary guidance for all Americans.
- Vaccines and Immunizations (CDC)
- Federal vaccine guidelines from the CDC.
- Influenza Prevention (CDC)
- Webpage from the CDC about preventing the seasonal flu.
- Fitness for Children (Healthy Children)
- Webpage from the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) with resources for family fitness.
- Federal website for the United States Environmental Protection Agency.
- Concussion Resources
- Information from the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) on concussions.